Title of Docent (Media Education)
MSSs, PhD student (Social Psychology)
University of Lapland
Faculty of Education and Centre for Media Pedagogy
paivi.rasi at ulapland.fi
I am a University Lecturer in Media Education at the University of Lapland, Finland. In this blog, you will find information about my research and teaching. My research interests with some selected associated publications include:
ICTs and video in teaching and learning; online teaching and learning; higher education pedagogy
- Virtanen, J., & Rasi, P. (in press, 2017). Integrating Web 2.0 technologies into face-to-face PBL: A case study on a higher education course. Article to be published in Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 11(1).
- Pirhonen, J., & Rasi, P. (2016). Student-generated instructional videos facilitate learning through positive emotions. Journal of Biological Education, published online June 30, 2016. DOI: 1080/00219266.2016.1200647. http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Nwgcq94ypJ5YrFsHXUvA/full
- Rasi, P., & Poikela, S. (2016). Review of video triggers and video production in higher education and continuing education PBL settings. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 10(1). http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/ijpbl/vol10/iss1/7/
- Rasi, P., Hautakangas, M., & Väyrynen, S. (2015). Designing culturally inclusive affordance networks into the curriculum. Teaching in Higher Education, 20(2), 131-142.
- Eriksson, M. J., Rasi, P., & Vuojärvi, H. (2014). Comparing the use of computer-supported collaboration tools among university students with different life circumstances. Seminar.net. International Journal of Media, Technology & Lifelong Learning, 10(2), 121-135.
Older people’s media education and media competences: older people’s Internet (non)use
- Rasi, P. (in press). Internet non-users. In B. Warf (Ed.), Sage Encyclopedia of the Internet. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Inc.
- Rasi, P., & Kilpeläinen, A. (2016). Older people’s use and learning of new media: A case study on remote rural villages in Finnish Lapland (pp. 239–247). In J. Zhou & G. Salvendy (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2016 International HCI Conference with 14 Further Associated Conferences, Toronto, Canada, July 17–22, 2016. ITAP 2016, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series 9755, Springer.
- Rasi, P., Vuojärvi, H., & Hyvönen, P. (2016). Aikuisten ja ikääntyneiden mediakasvatus [Media Education of Adults and Older People] (pp. 198–212). In L. Pekkala, S. Salomaa, & S. Spisak (Eds.), Monimuotoinen mediakasvatus. Kansallisen audiovisuaalisen insituutin (KAVI) julkaisuja 1/2006. Helsinki, Finland: KAVI.
- Rasi, P., & Kilpeläinen, A. (2015).The digital competences and agency of older people living in rural villages in Finnish Lapland. Seminar.net. International Journal of Media, Technology & Lifelong Learning, 11(2), 149-160.
- Rasi, P., & O’Neil, C. (2014). Dinosaurs and fossils living without dangerous tools: Social representations of computers and the Internet by elderly Finnish and American non-users. Seminar.net. International Journal of Media, Technology & Lifelong Learning, 10(1), 55-72.
- Hakkarainen, P. (2012). “No good for shovelling snow and carrying firewood” – Social representations of computers and the Internet by elderly Finnish non-users. New Media & Society, 14(7), 1198-1215.